Friday, July 17, 2009

Hate the haze

I am positively hating the haze that's enveloping KL & PJ right now. It seems to have gotten worse since we got back from Sydney. I really miss the clean air in Sydney... sigh. I miss the cool weather and nice buildings and friendly streets. When we walked to and from work in Sydney, we went through a tree-lined field called "The Domain". It was so soothing.

In KL, for our trip home from work, we have to stand for 30 minutes to an hour for a commuter train that always seems to be delayed, while having the sun beating down our backs, listening to horrific traffic and breathing in filthy air. I get elbowed by some fat guy nearly every day when I try to get on the train, then I suffocate for 30 minutes in a train that's packed, and the air conditioning doesn't work - as if the working day wasn't stressful enough. By the time I get home, I'm usually bloody exhausted.

Oh yeah, back to the haze. I'm convinced that everyone's feeling sick because of this toxic air we're breathing. It's hard not to be depressed when you look around and things seem so apocalyptic. Here I am recycling my household waste, trying not to accept plastic bags, and using public transport to do my part for the environment, and the air is freaking toxic. If I could go without breathing, I would.

It seems like a joke that we're taking our son out tomorrow, so that he can play in the kids pool at KLCC and get some "fresh air". Such a thing doesn't exist in KL! When are we going to get blue skies?Sigh.

No comments:

Welcome 2019: Time to Grow

Happy New Year everyone! I'm so so excited for 2019 and everything that it'll bring. I'm starting the year with gratefulness for...