Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Thankful

Goodness... I'm a little bleary eyed for watching marathon sessions of Season 4 of Heroes in the last few days. That stuff is addictive man! My favourite character this season has got to be Samuel, the mysterious and villanous gypsy troupe leader. His narration is fantabulous, whoever is responsible for that man's dialogue should get a freakin' raise!! Plus, that guy can sure act!

Anyway, I'm really excited about the new year. I get like this every December. So far, the end of the year has been pretty good to me. I feel so blessed. Thank you God. Sometimes, all I can say is, "Wow!" 2010 is looking promising. Hey, I'm a bit of a pessimist, so optimism is a big deal for me!

I'll still be writing for Venusbuzz.com next year, so do look out for me there. They have a new editor, and I'm sure lots of exciting new things will happen as we grow from strength to strength. I am aiming to write more personal articles, because sharing my thoughts and feelings with others can help me put things in persepective, and I think that's what people like to read.

I'm also working on a super secret project, poised to launch next year. I can't tell you about it yet, but I can say that I'm really happy to be on board. I think it's important for a freelance writer like me to take on new and challenging writing projects to broaden one's horizons. There's always room for learning and improvement!

It also seems like there's a good chance that I'll be published in a children's/tweens magazine starting January 2010. Hurray! I love writing for kids! Stay tuned for that, I can't wait to show it to you!

On the flip side, I've had to turn down one or two writing jobs due to my hectic schedule and pressing personal matters, but that's okay, I don't want to bite off more than I can chew.

This year, I've had the great pleasure of meeting many wonderful people and making new friends through my blog and writing, which is the most wonderful blessing of all. I love working with passionate, professional and friendly people. I love being able to work hard and provide for my family. For my son. They are so worth it.

So, thank you God for blessing me.

PS: I procrastinated and missed out on submitting something for last week's Weekly Art Project. I am kicking myself. Anyway, here's what other people did. Good fun. Looks like I'm going to have to pass on the next project as well, there's no way I can create mail art and get it to the US in time for the deadline. Meh.

No comments:

Welcome 2019: Time to Grow

Happy New Year everyone! I'm so so excited for 2019 and everything that it'll bring. I'm starting the year with gratefulness for...