Tuesday, January 1, 2013

My aquarium

Hey, what do you know! It's my first post of 2013! Happy New Year everybody! To kick things off, I'd like to share with you my new (old) hobby. I grew up with fish tanks around the home and I'm excited to have one of my own now that I can share with my son. So let me introduce you to my new pets :)

Here are Chop and Chip, our dwarf gouramis. I really like the new generation of fish tanks, the glass is streamlined and super clear. The waterfall filter and aquarium light are cool too.

I got four aquatic snails, called ramshorn snails, for free at the pet shop. Here's one of them. We named them Larry, Harry, Perry and Terry. One of them died recently, but I haven't told my son :P

On a happier note, I noticed yesterday that there are snail eggs on the glass! I should have baby snails crawling all over my tank in week or so :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How many gallons is this tank?

Adline Writes said...

I'm not sure, but I'm guessing 2 gallons? I realise now that I made a terrible newbie mistake by putting too many animals in this small tank. I have since downsized the tank population. Now I only have one apple snail and a few tiny ramshorn and trumpet snails :)

Welcome 2019: Time to Grow

Happy New Year everyone! I'm so so excited for 2019 and everything that it'll bring. I'm starting the year with gratefulness for...