Sunday, May 26, 2013

Declutter diaries: New wardrobe (Pax from Ikea)

Guys, believe it or not, this is what my dining area looked like a few weeks ago... Not unlike an episode of Hoarders... I know!

Big mess
What... a... huge mess.... sigh :(

Why the mess? Well, I was in the process of getting a new wardrobe from Ikea. So here's the scoop...
As you could imagine, the clutter drove me crazy, but I had to bear with it for a while. We had cleared out everything from our old wardrobe, to upgrade to an Ikea Pax wardrobe. For years, we were  using a couple of Anebodas for clothes and storage, but although they stood the test of time, we needed  to maximise the use of our vertical space. 

empty room corner
Wow! Space!

The Anebodas were moved to our second bedroom, where my mum stays, to organise stuff there. See the empty space above? That's where the new wardrobe will go. I planned  (and budgeted for) our Pax wardrobe online, using their Pax Planner. We dropped by Ikea after work and happily, I was able to take advantage of the 10% rebate they were offering for Pax purchases above RM1200. We weren't able to get the sliding doors we wanted, because they were out of stock. But I think it's a blessing in disguise, because Pax doors are pricey! 

Pax wardrobe installed
Check out our Pax! It's so tall!!!

We opted to go with an open-concept wardrobe instead, which saved us some cash. As I said earlier, the clutter was driving me nuts, so it felt like I had to wait forever for the Ikea guy to come and install our new Pax wardrobe. But after he was done... it was all worth it!

My pax (Ikea) wardrobe without doors
Finally!

So here's the result - all our clothes, neatly organised. Having an open-concept wardrobe really inspires you to keep things sorted out, but I'm thinking of maybe putting up a curtain. When I find a solution to this, you guys will be the first to know.

If you live in the Klang Valley (Malaysia), like me, and you're thinking of getting a PAX wardrobe, you can plan it here. Here's a tip, they'll deliver your wardrobe within 3 days, so you might want to consider the best time for you to go and make your purchase. For example, if you buy the wardrobe on a Tuesday, they'll deliver it to you either on Wednesday, Thursday or Friday. You can talk to their delivery department about having it sent to you on a day you'd prefer.  Happy organising everyone!

No comments:

Welcome 2019: Time to Grow

Happy New Year everyone! I'm so so excited for 2019 and everything that it'll bring. I'm starting the year with gratefulness for...