Friday, October 25, 2013

Project sawi bonanza 3: Special Maggi mee curry with sawi and egg

You know what I love about sawi (mustard greens)? You can depend on it to add colour, texture and roughage to just about any dish. My husband recently asked me to whip up some Maggi mee for dinner, and I jumped at the chance to make my "special" Maggi mee curry, and of course to throw in some sawi! 

maggi sup (1)
I believe that it is vitally important for every Malaysian to learn how to make a kick-ass bowl of
Maggi mee at home!

maggi sup (2)
Learn how to make this after the jump!


Special Maggi mee curry with sawi / mustard greens and egg recipe

Ingredients
1 packet of Maggi mee curry
1/4 large red onion - sliced thinly
1 - 2 cloves of garlic - sliced thinly
A handful of sawi
1/4 carrot - sliced thinly
Half a cup of fish ball, fish cake or chopped frankfurters 
1 teaspoon of cili boh
A dash of chilli sauce and sweet soy sauce
1/2 red chilli - sliced
1 egg
2 cups of water
1-2 tablespoons cooking oil

Method
1. Heat oil and fry cili boh until fragrant. Then add onion and garlic.
2. Add water and the Maggi mee curry flavouring, as well as a dash of chilli and soy sauce.
3. Let it boil and then add the egg.
4. Once the egg has firmed up a bit, you can add the fish ball, fish cake or chopped frankfurters and sawi. Be careful not to disturb the egg.
4. Break the Maggi noodles into several pieces and add it into the pan/wok.
5. Once the noodles have cooked through, you can slide it all into a bowl. Try to make sure that the egg stays on top.
6. Garnish with some red chilli slices and it's ready to eat!

PS: I'm afraid this is the last of my sawi project post. I gave the sawi I had left to my mum and mother in law :) Oh well, it was fun while it lasted!

No comments:

Welcome 2019: Time to Grow

Happy New Year everyone! I'm so so excited for 2019 and everything that it'll bring. I'm starting the year with gratefulness for...