Friday, November 1, 2013

Pan-fried chicken fillet with garlic and rosemary recipe

Once upon a time, my son, Amir, hated chicken. But now, he loves it. For a time, he was "addicted" to ready-made chicken drummets, which I'd roast in the oven. After a while though, I felt that drummets weren't very healthy for him, as they're coated in skin an are therefore very fatty. So, I sought a healthier alternative and found it, while tinkering in the kitchen one day...

Adline's rosemary chicken
Voila! Chicken fillet with garlic and rosemary. It uses leaner meat and is very easy to prepare.  Check out how to make it after the jump...

My son, who's a very fussy eater, simply loves this chicken. Believe it or not, he eats it almost every night for dinner! It's tender, juicy, delicious and super easy to prepare! Here goes!

Adline's rosemary chicken
Marinade your chicken fillet in chopped garlic, a sprinkling of dry rosemary and parsley, a dash of olive oil and a pinch of salt. Be sure to tenderise the meat by poking it all over with a fork. You only need to let this sit for at least 5 minutes. Then, you heat up a frying pan and put the fillets in. No extra oil needed! Just pan fry until it's nice and brown all over. If you like, you can add a bit of butter towards the end of the cooking process.

Adline's rosemary chicken
This was my lunch today, chicken fillet with garlic and rosemary on buttered rice. Yum!

No comments:

Welcome 2019: Time to Grow

Happy New Year everyone! I'm so so excited for 2019 and everything that it'll bring. I'm starting the year with gratefulness for...