Thursday, January 23, 2014

Homemade capatis and vege curry

I'm on a mission to learn how to make bread at home, I've dabbled in it before, but have yet to perfect my technique. I thought I'd start with something simple, so the first bread I've attempted to master is the chapati, an Indian flatbread that I've always loved. After a not-so-successful attempt, I finally got it right! 

Homemade capatis and vege curry by adline✿makes

Here are my soft, fluffy and round chapatis :) I also made a vegetable curry to go with them. I learnt to make chapatis here and if you're a novice like me, do pay attention to the steps! They make all the difference :)

First time I made capatis - not so great results - hard and not circular :P by adline✿makes

Here's a pic of my first attempt at making chapatis, they turned our hard, dry and not very circular. I'm glad I got it down now, no more buying chapatis at mamak shops or ready-made frozen ones! Homemade chapatis are fun to make and much, much easier on the purse :)

No comments:

Welcome 2019: Time to Grow

Happy New Year everyone! I'm so so excited for 2019 and everything that it'll bring. I'm starting the year with gratefulness for...