Thursday, February 2, 2017

Understanding autism

Since Arif was diagnosed with autism back in October 2016, I stopped blogging for two main reasons. One, I kept myself insanely busy - learning all I could about autism and taking Arif to therapy, as well as taking on all the extra work I could find and selling my stuff online to save up money for his autism therapies. Two, I just didn't know what to write about from a personal angle anymore. All I could think about was autism and yet it was something quite difficult for me to talk about, since I am very new to it myself.

I worked so hard in the last few months of last year, that I was close to burn out. I have since pledged to take things more slowly and reduce my work commitments, so that I can find a better balance and be more present for both of my children.

Now at the start of 2017, I am feeling much more positive about Arif's autism and how we are coping. If I had to explain it, I guess I would say I think Arif is perfect just the way he is. I have also become quite passionate about spreading awareness on autism, and so for my first post in 2017, I'd like to share a few videos with you about autism :) These videos and others like them have helped me to understand Arif more. I hope you'll find them helpful too.




No comments:

Welcome 2019: Time to Grow

Happy New Year everyone! I'm so so excited for 2019 and everything that it'll bring. I'm starting the year with gratefulness for...